Wetility (Aug 2020 – Aug 2021)
Project Requirements / Challenge
We-tility is a young South-African startup that utilizes and creates leading technologies to provide an end-to-end solution to customers requiring rooftop solar power systems. The company operates the digital platform We-X as an interface to engage with clients and then procures and installs solar solutions on customers’ rooftops. After raising some seed funding, We-tility wanted to develop further We-X was looking to raise additional to:
- To implement a marketing and communication strategy.
- To grow the team
- To further strengthen the We-X platform.
The support RiA suggested was articulated around 3 actions:
- Leveraging RiA’s close Investor network to secure direct meetings.
- Media awareness to attract the attention of potential investors and customers in a wide audience.
- Strategic advisory on fundraising and growth.
Wetility significantly grew awareness about their company and products and landed several meetings with potential investors. A year down later, Wetility carried on the momentum and managed to raise additional funding as they expected they acknowledged that RiA support and help at the beginning of the journey was crucial.